Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get.Forrest Gump Movie
- A treatment or cure.
- A substance which specifically promotes healing when ingested or consumed in some way.
- The study of the cause, diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of disease or illness.
- The profession of physicians and surgeons; those who practice medicine.
- Ritual Native American magic used to promote a desired outcome, in hunting, warfare, etc.
- (treatment): panacea, regimen, course, palliative, program, prescription
- (substance): drug, prescription, pharmaceutical, pill, powder, potion, balm, salve, capsule, draught, elixir
Terms derived from "medicine"
treatment or cure
substance which promotes healing
field of study
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Prescription Desk Reference, Prescription Drug Information:
- “medicine” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "medicine" in the Merriam-Webster On-line dictionary
- "medicine" in the Hutchinson Encyclopaedia, Helicon Publishing LTD 2007.
- Plural form of medicina.
Elsewhere on the web