Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- Alternative spelling of miniver.
- 1858. Thomas Malory, La Mort D'Arthure: The History of King Arthur and of the Knights of the Round Table, page 28,
- Then came forth a likely knight, and well apparelled in scarlet, furred with meniver.
- 1894. Leonard C. Smithers, The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night, H.S. Nichols & co., page 372,
- One day, as I sat in my shop, with two fur pelisses on me, one of sable and the other of meniver, for it was the season of winter and the time of the excessive cold...
Elsewhere on the web