Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Such as take lodgings in a head that's to be let unfurnished.Samuel Butler
- (uncountable) relenting; forbearance to cause or allow harm to another
- She took mercy on him and quit embarrassing him.
- (uncountable) forgiveness or compassion, especially toward those less fortunate.
- Have mercy on the poor and assist them if you can.
- (uncountable) A tendency toward forgiveness, pity, or compassion
- Mercy is one of his many virtues.
- (countable) Instances of forebearance or forgiveness.
- Psalms 40:11 Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord
- A blessing, something to be thankful for.
- It was a mercy that we were not inside when the roof collapsed
relenting; forbearance to cause or allow harm to another
forgiveness or compassion
tendency toward forgiveness
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web