Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.Harold J. Smith
Third person singular
- (transitive) To make a mess of; to untidy or soil.
- The afternoon breeze messed up my hair.
- (transitive) To introduce an error to or cause a problem with.
- The change messed something up, and it's not working anymore.
- To make a mistake; often construed with on.
- He has a hard time getting started because he's afraid he'll mess up.
to make a mistake
Elsewhere on the web