Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.Douglas Macarthur
Adjectivemetric (not comparable)
- of or relating to the metric system of measurement
- (music) of or relating to an even-note pattern or rhythmic unit which coincides with the pulses on a metric level. (DeLone et. al. (Eds.), 1975, chap. 3)
- DeLone et. al. (Eds.) (1975). Aspects of Twentieth-Century Music. Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall. ISBN 0130493465. Ch. 3.
Translationsrelating to metric systemrelating to even-note pattern
- Italian: metrico
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- a measure for something; a means of deriving a quantitative measurement or approximation for otherwise qualitative phenomena (esp. used in Software Engineering)
- (algebra) A measurement of the distance between two points in some metric space; e.g. the Euclidean metric (sqrt(x² + y² + z²) in 3 dimensions).
Elsewhere on the web
Onelook IATE IATE IATE IATE ProZ Dict.cc Wordnik IATE Linguee IATE