Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is an uphill business for the guy who's not on the level.John Welsh
See also Middle
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Old English middel
- A centre, midpoint
- The middle of a circle is the point which has the same distance to every point of circle.
- The part between the beginning and the end.
- (cricket) the middle stump
- The central part of a human body.
part between beginning and end
central part of human body
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Adjectivemiddle (not comparable)
- Being in the middle or in-between; as middle point, middle name, Middle English, Middle Ages, middle weight, etc.
- Central to.
- See also Wikisaurus:intermediate
being in the middle or in-between
Elsewhere on the web