Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- IPA: /'mɪd.waɪf/
- A person, usually a woman, who is trained to assist women in childbirth, but who is not a physician.
- A hundred years ago, a midwife would bring the baby into the world - going to a hospital to deliver a baby was either impossible or unheard of.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Someone who assists in bringing about some result or project.
- (transitive) To act as a midwife.
While elementary students are taught "replace 'f' with 'v'," the mistake resulting in "widwifed" is made often enough in informal/colloquial language to indicate the rule is not consistently followed.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web