Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If one only wished to be happy, this could be easily accomplished; but we wish to be happier that other people, and this is always difficult, for we believe others to be happier than they are.Charles De Montesquieu
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (uncountable) Power, strength, force or influence held by a person or group.
- (uncountable) Physical strength.
- He pushed with all his might, but still it would not move.
- (uncountable) The ability to do something.
Translations to be checked
- (auxiliary) Simple past of may.
- (auxiliary) Used to indicate conditional or possible actions.
- I might go to the party, but I haven't decided yet.
- (auxiliary) Used to indicate permission in simple past tense.
- He asked me if he might go to the party, but I haven't decided yet.
- archaic second-person singular simple past - mightest
- nonstandard, archaic third-person singular simple past - mighteth
indicator of conditional or possible actions
Elsewhere on the web