Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist fears this is true.James Branch Cabell
- (mathematics) less; reduced by subtraction
- seven minus two is five
- (informal) without.
- I walked out minus my coat.
- See without
Adjectiveminus (not comparable)
- (mathematics) Negative.
- a minus number
- On the negative part of a scale.
- minus seven degrees
- Ranking just below a designated rating.
- He got a grade of B minus for his essay.
on the negative part of a scale
ranking just below a designated rating
- (minus sign): plus
- (negative quantity): plus
- (defect or deficiency): advantage, bonus, boon, gain, plus
mathematics: negative quantity
defect or deficiency
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Useinov & Mireev Dictionary, Simferopol, Dolya, 2002 
Elsewhere on the web