Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Oh, love is real enough; you will find it someday, but it has one archenemy—and that is life.Jean Anouilh Ardele
- the action of mocking; ridicule
- something so lacking in necessary qualities as to inspire ridicule; a travesty
- The defendant wasn't allowed to speak at his own trial - it was a mockery of justice.
- We often use make a mockery of someone or something, meaning to mock them. See also Appendix:Collocations of do, have, make, and take
- See also Wikisaurus:ridicule
Elsewhere on the web