Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The most important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them.Sir William Bragg
- IPA: /ˈmɒdjʊləʊ/
- (mathematics) Given a specified modulus of.
- 21 and 84 are congruent to each other modulo 9, since both numbers leave the same remainder, 3, when divided by 9.
- Thus 21 modulo 9 is 3 - because when 21 is divided by 9, the remainder is 3.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Except for differences accounted for by.
- "A is the same as B modulo C" means A is the same as B except for differences accounted for by C.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) With due allowance for (a specified exception or particular detail).
- The "tail recursion modulo cons" technique allows functions that would be tail recursive but for a cons call to be transformed into a tail recursive form.
- All mammals, modulo the monotremes, give birth to live young.
- Icelandic: mátað við
modulo m. (plural moduli)
Elsewhere on the web