People who never achieve happiness are the ones who complain whenever they're awake, and whenever they're asleep, they are thinking about what to complain about tomorrow.Adam Zimbler
Old English munuc < [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] monachus < Ancient Greek μοναχός (monachos), “‘single, solitary’”) < μόνος (monos), “‘alone’”)
- A male member of a monastic order who has devoted his life for religious service.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A male who leads an isolated life; a loner, a hermit.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An unmarried man who does not have sexual relationships.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A judge.
male member of monastic order
slang: man living without sexual relationships
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web