Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is the farce which everyone has to perform.Arthur Rimbaud
See also Monster
- (RP) IPA: /ˈmɒnstə(r)/, SAMPA: /"mQnst@(r)/
- (US) enPR: mŏn'stə(r), IPA: /ˈmɑːnstɚ/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -ɒnstə(r)
- A terrifying and dangerous, wild or fictional creature.
- A bizarre or whimsical creature.
- The children decided Grover was a cuddly monster.
- An extremely cruel or antisocial person, especially a criminal.
- Get away from those children, you meatheaded monster!
- A horribly deformed person
- (figuratively) A badly behaved child, terrible brat.
- Sit still, you little monster!
- (obsolete) prodigy
- (bodybuilding): A bodybuilder of exceptionally large weight and proportions, typically weighing more than 135 kilos (300 lbs).
- cookie monster
- corporate monster
- Frankenstein's monster
- the Loch Ness monster
- monster truck
terrifying dangerous creature
bizarre or whimsical creature
anti-social person, especially a criminal
- Very large; worthy of a monster.
- He has a monster appetite.
cognate with English monster
- A terrifying and dangerous creature.
- An extremely anti-social person, especially a criminal.
cognate with English muster
- Small, representative quantity of a substance or material, as used for analysis or selection; sample
- De inspectie nam een monster van het water. - The inspection took a sample of the water.
- We hebben monsters van alle soorten behang. - We have samples of all types of wallpaper.
Elsewhere on the web