Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is only one happiness in life—to love and to be loved.George Sand
to mortar (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- (uncountable) A mixture of lime or cement, sand and water used for bonding bricks and stones.
- (countable) Military A muzzle-loading, indirect fire weapon with either a rifled or smooth bore. It usually has a shorter range than a howitzer, employs a higher angle of fire, and has a tube with a length of 10 to 20 calibers. See also gun; howitzer. JP-1-02.
- (countable) A hollow vessel used to pound, crush, rub, grind or mix ingredients with a pestle.
mixture of lime or cement, sand and water
short large-bore cannon
vessel used to grind ingredients
Third person singular
- To use mortar or plaster to join two things together.
- To fire a mortar (weapon)
- To die.
Elsewhere on the web