Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If only one could tell true love from false love as one can tell mushrooms from toadstools.Katherine Mansfield
- Physical motion between points in space.
- I saw a movement in that grass on the hill.
- I saw some movement in that grass on the hill.
- (horology) for a clockwork, a clock, or a watch, a device that cuts time in equal portions.
- The impression of motion in an artwork, painting, novel etc.
- A trend in various fields or social categories.
- The labor movement has been struggling in America since the passage of the Taft-Hartley act in 1947.
- (music) A large division of a larger composition.
- (aviation) An instance of an aircraft taking off or landing.
- Albuquerque International Sunport serviced over 200,000 movements last year.
- (baseball) The deviation of a pitch from ballistic flight
- The movement on his cutter was devastating.
- An act of emptying the bowels.
device that cuts time in equal portions
impression of motion
trend in various fields or social categories
aircraft taking off or landing
deviation of a pitch
an act of emptying the bowels
- art movement
- British poetry
- cultural movement
- literary movement
- new religious movement
- social movement
Elsewhere on the web