Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth.William Purkey
See also muku
- 1793, Watkin Tench, A Complete Account of the Settlement at Port Jackson
- ‘Bulla mogo parrabugo’ (two hatchets to-morrow) I repeatedly cried; but having probably experienced our insincerity, he rejected the proposal with disdain.
- Troy, Jakelin (1994). “The Sydney Language”, Macquarie Aboriginal Words. Sydney: Macquarie Library, 67.
- IPA: /mugu/
From Proto-Paman *muku "bone", from Proto-Pama-Maric *muku, from Proto-Pama-Nyungan *muku.
- yangay (avoidance language)
- Alpher, Barry. 2004. ‘Proto-Pama-Nyungan etyma’. Claire Bowern, Harold Koch (eds.) Australian Languages: Classification and the Comparative Method. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Haviland, John B. 1979. ‘Guugu Yimidhirr Sketch Grammar’. R. M. W. Dixon, B. Blake (eds.) Handbook of Australian Languages, Vol I.
Elsewhere on the web