Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If frugality were established in the state, and if our expenses were laid out to meet needs rather than superfluities of life, there might be fewer wants, and even fewer pleasures, but infinitely more happiness.Oliver Goldsmith
See also Appendix:Variations of "nan"
nán (form of nan2 with diacritic)
- 南: south; southern part; southward
- 喃: keep talking, chattering; mumble
- 枏: a variety of evergreen tree; ceda
- 枬: an even-grained, yellow- ish, fine wood used for furniture; cedar
- 柟: Machilus nanmu, variety of evergreen
- 楠: name of tree, machilus nanmu
- 男: male, man, boy; son; baron; surname; masculine
- 諵: mutter
- 难, 難: difficult, arduous, hard; unable
- 㓓: thin ice
Elsewhere on the web