Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I love fools experiments. I am always making them.Charles Darwin
- (RP): IPA: /nɔːt/, SAMPA: /nO:t/
- (US): enPR: nôt, IPA: /nɔːt/, SAMPA: /nO:t/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -ɔːt
- nod (in accents with flapping)
- not (in accents with the cot-caught merger)
- knot (in accents with the cot-caught merger)
- Yet another naught on the scoreboard for the home team.
- nothing; nothingness
- Naught can come of this, you mark my words.
- (law) Affiant further sayeth naught.
Elsewhere on the web