Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The most important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them.Sir William Bragg
- or even, or more like, or should I say
- His face was dirty, nay filthy.
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. § 18.
- And even in our wildest and most wandering reveries, nay in our very dreams, we shall find, if we reflect, that the imagination ran not altogether at adventures,
- A vote against.
- I vote nay, even though the motion is popular, because I would rather be right than popular.
- A person who voted against.
- The vote is 4 in favor and 20 opposed, the nays have it.
Elsewhere on the web