Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness adds and multiplies, as we divide it with others.A. Nielsen
nehmen (strong, third-person singular simple present nimmt, past tense nahm, auxiliary haben, past participle genommen)
- (transitive) to take.
- jemandem etwas nehmen — “to take something from someone”
- einen Anfang nehmen — “to begin” (Literally, “to take a beginning”)
- ein Haus in Pacht nehmen — “to lease a house” (Literally, “to take a house in lease”)
- das Wort nehmen — “to begin to speak” (Literally, “to take a word”)
- (reflexive) to cause oneself to be (in some state); to become; to take oneself (to some state)
- Nimm dich in Acht! — “Take care!”
- (transitive) to seize; to capture.
- (transitive) to receive; to accept.
Elsewhere on the web