Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The best may slip, and even the most cautious fall; but he is more than human who errors not at all.Pomfret
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)
- 1845, Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven (published in the New York Evening Mirror)
- And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
- On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
- And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
- And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
- And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
- Shall be lifted - nevermore!
See never again
Elsewhere on the web