Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.Pablo Picasso
to newspaper (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- (RP) IPA: /ˈnjuːzˌpeɪpə/, SAMPA: /"nju:z%peIp@/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˈnuːzˌpeɪpɚ/, SAMPA: /"nu:z%peIp@`/
- help, file
- (countable) A publication, usually published daily or weekly and usually printed on cheap, low-quality paper, containing news and other articles.
- (uncountable, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A quantity of or one of the types of paper on which newspapers are printed.
- (publication): daily (for a daily newspaper), paper, rag (derogatory)
- (paper on which newspapers are printed): newsprint
paper on which newspapers are printed
Adjectivenewspaper (not comparable)
- Published in a newspaper
- Example: a newspaper article
- Made of newspaper
- Example: a newspaper hat
published in a newspaper
made of newspaper
Third person singular
- (transitive) To cover with newspaper.
- She newspapered one end of the room before painting the bookcase.
- (intransitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To engage in the business of journalism (usually used only in the gerund, newspapering)
- He newspapered his way through the South on the sports beat, avoiding dry towms.
- (transitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) to harrass in newspaper articles.
- He was newspapered out of public life.
- The harrass sense is usually in passive constructions.
Elsewhere on the web