Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
See also niché
- (Australia, Ireland, UK) IPA: /niːʃ/
- Rhymes: -iːʃ
- (US) IPA: /nɪʧ/, /nɪʃ/, /niʃ/
- (architecture) A cavity, hollow, or recess, generally within the thickness of a wall, for a statue, bust, or other erect ornament. Hence, any similar position, literal or figurative.
- "Images defended from the injuries of the weather by niches of stone wherein they are placed." --Evelun.
- (biology) A function within an ecological system to which an organism is especially suited.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Any position of opportunity for which one is well-suited, such as a particular market in business.
- An arrow woven into a muslim prayer rug pointing in the direction of Mecca.
cavity, hollow, or recess
ecological function of an organism
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
niche f. (plural niches)
- first person singular indicative and subjunctive of nicher
Elsewhere on the web