Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Sometimes we may learn more from a man's errors, than from his virtues.Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
See also Night
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- nite (informal)
- (countable) The period between sunset and sunrise, when a location faces far away from the sun, thus when the sky is dark.
- (countable) An evening or night spent at a particular activity.
- a night on the town
- (countable) A night (and part of the days before and after it) spent in a hotel or other accommodation.
- We stayed at the Hilton for five nights.
- (countable) The quality of sleep obtained during a night.
- I had a bad night last night.
- (uncountable) Nightfall.
- from noon till night
- (uncountable) Darkness.
- The cat disappeared into the night.
- (evening or night spent at a particular activity): evening
- (quality of sleep): sleep
- (nightfall): dark, dusk, nightfall, sundown, sunset, twilight
- (darkness): blackness, darkness, gloom, obscurity, shadow
terms derived from night
period between sunset and sunrise
evening or night spent at a particular activity
night spent at a hotel
quality of sleep obtained during a night
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Short for good night
- Night all! Thanks for a great evening!
Elsewhere on the web