Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen.Francois De La Rochefoucauld
The instructive plural of se (“‘it’”).
- so, then, in that case.
- An affirmative answer to a question or comment: yes, yeah.
- Eilenkö sinä maksoit laskun? Niin.
- "Did you pay the bill yesterday?" "Yes."
- Niin as an answer often has an additional meaning of "of course". As in the example, the interrogative suffix -ko/kö is usually attached to the point of the question.
- (coordinating) Used to introduce the main clause after if clause: then.
- Jos yöllä on selkeää, niin tulee kova pakkanen.
- "If it's clear at night, then it'll be heavy frost."
- When used in conjunction with jos (“‘if’”), niin can often be omitted when no emphasis is desired.
- Instructive plural form of ne.
niin (hiragana にいん)
niin (Syllabics: ᓃᓐ)
Elsewhere on the web