Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Various sounds, usually unwanted.
- Sound or signal generated by random fluctuations
- (technology) Unwanted part of a signal. (Signal to noise ratio)
- (genetics) The measured level of variation in gene expression among cells, regardless of source, within a supposedly identical population
(Genetics meaning) "Noise in Gene Expression: Origins, Consequences, and Control." Jonathan M. Raser and Erin K. O'Shea (2005). Science. 309(5743):2010-2013.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To make noise
- To talk, especially to spread rumor or gossip.
- He noised about that he wanted the promotion, unwilling to ask for it but wanting it to be talked about.
Elsewhere on the web