Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love sought is good, but given unsought is better.William Shakespeare
See also NOW
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Adverbnow (not comparable)
- At the present time.
- Now my whole life is different.
- At the time reached within a narration.
- Well, now he remembered what he'd come there for.
- In a manner, or regarding a topic, different from that of the immediately past.
- Now, we all want the best for our children.
- In the context of urgency.
- Now listen, we've got do something about this.
At this time
In a manner, or regarding a topic, different from that of the immediately past
In the context of urgency
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Albanian: atëherë
- Dutch: nu, nou
- Estonian: praegu
- Hebrew: עכשיו
- Icelandic: nú
- Ido: nun
- Indonesian: sekarang
- Interlingua: ora
- Italian: allora
- Japanese: 今 (いま, ima)
- Spanish: ahorita (colloquial), bueno, entonces
- The present time.
- Now is the right time.
- She is living in the now.
Elsewhere on the web