Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is inseparable from knowledge.St. Macarius of Egypt
- (RP) IPA: /ˈnjuː.kli.əs/, SAMPA: /"nju:.kli.@s/
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˈnuːkliəs/, SAMPA: /"nu:kli@s/
- help, file
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The massive, positively charged central part of an atom made up of protons and neutrons.
- (cytology) A large organelle found in cells which contains genetic material.
- The central part (of something), round which others are collected.
- An initial part that will receive additions.
- This collection will form the nucleus of a new library.
- (neuroanatomy) A cluster of many neuronal bodies where synapsing occurs.
physics: massive, positively charged core of an atom
cytology: large organelle found in cells
central part of something
initial part which will receive additions
neuroanatomy: cluster of many neuronal bodies
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Atomic nucleus on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Atomic nucleus
- Cell nucleus on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Cell nucleus
- Comet on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Comet
- Nucleus (neuroanatomy) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Nucleus (neuroanatomy)
- Nucleus (linguistics) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Nucleus (linguistics)
From nux (“‘nut’”).
Elsewhere on the web