Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
True love means two seeds grow separately until they join in Matrimony forever.Source Unknown
to nut (third-person singular simple present nut, present participle t, simple past and past participle ed)
- A hard-shelled seed.
- A fastener: a piece of metal, usually square or hexagonal in shape, with a hole through it having machined internal threads, intended to be screwed onto a bolt or other threaded shaft.
- (informal) An insane person.
- (slang) The head.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A testicle.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The amount of money necessary to set up some venture; set-up costs.
- 1971: My attorney was waiting in a bar around the corner. “This won't make the nut,” he said, “unless we have unlimited credit.” — Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Harper Perennial 2005, p. 11)
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A stash of money owned by an extremely rich investor, sufficient to sustain a high level of consumption if all other money is lost.
- (music) On string instruments such as guitars and violins, the small piece at the peghead end of the fingerboard that holds the strings at the proper spacing and, in most cases, the proper height.
- (insane person): loony, nutbag, nutcase, nutter
- (the head): bonce, noodle (See further synonyms under head)
- (a testicle): ball, bollock (taboo slang), nads
that fits on a bolt
informal: insane person
slang: the head
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
terms related to the noun "nut"
Third person singular
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To hit deliberately with the head; to headbutt.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To ejaculate (semen).
- IPA: /nʌʔ/
Elsewhere on the web