Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It's discouraging to make a mistake, but it's humiliating when you find out you're so unimportant that nobody noticed it.Chuck Daly
- (countable) A tree of the genus Quercus, bearing acorns and having lobed leaves.
- (uncountable) The wood of the oak.
- (colour) a rich brown colour, like that of oak wood.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Adjectiveoak (not comparable)
- Made from the wood of the oak tree
- (colour) of a rich brown colour, like that of oak wood.
terms derived from oak
Elsewhere on the web