Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.Douglas Yates
Third person singular
- (transitive): To fill either time or space.
- The film occupied three hours of my time.
- (transitive): To live or reside in.
- We occupy a small flat.
- (transitive): To fill or hold a position.
- I occupy the post of deputy cat catcher.
- (transitive): To conquer somewhere.
- The Germans occupied the Channel Islands.
- (transitive): To hold the attention of.
- I occupied her friend while he made his proposal.
- (obsolete) To cohabit, to have sexual intercourse with. (Reference: Sidney J. Baker, The Australian Language, second edition, 1966.)
- (surveying) To place the theodolite or total station at (a point).
hold attention of
to be checked
Elsewhere on the web