Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is a good thing that life is not as serious as it seems to a waiter.Don Herold
- From the Greek ὤχρα (ṓkhra) meaning pale yellow.
- (colours) a somewhat yellowish orange colour.
- An earth pigment containing silica, aluminum and ferric oxide.
- (biology), (genetics), (biochemistry) A colloquial name used in molecular biology referring to a particular stop codon sequence, "UAA."
- (colours) having a yellow-orange colour.
- Referring to archaeological cultures that covered their dead with ochre.
Elsewhere on the web