Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.Denis Waitley
- (music theory) An interval of eight tones on a diatonic scale, representing a doubling or halving in pitch.
- The melody jumps up an octave at the beginning, then later drops back down an octave.
- The singer was known for astounding clarity over her entire five-octave range.
- (music theory) The pitch an octave higher than a given pitch.
- The bass starts on a low E, and the tenor comes in on the octave.
- (fencing) The eighth defensive position, with the sword hand held at waist height, and the tip of the sword out straight at knee level.
(fencing) the eigth defensive position
Elsewhere on the web