Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- 1 English
- 2 Croatian
- 3 Czech
- 4 Danish
- 5 Italian
- 6 Polish
- 7 Serbian
- 8 Slovak
- 9 Slovene
- IPA: /ɒd/
Alteration of God.
- (archaic except in dialects) God
An arbitrary coinage.
- An alleged force or natural power, supposed, by Reichenbach and others, to produce the phenomena of mesmerism, and to be developed by various agencies, as by magnets, heat, light, chemical or vital action, etc.; — also called odyle or the odylic force.
- Dostal jsem dopis od bratra. -- I got a letter from my brother.
- To je od tebe moc hezké. -- That is very nice of you.
Old Norse oddr
- sharp point
od [[Category:Template:lang:it conjunctions|od]]
od [[Category:Template:lang:pl prepositions|od]] + genitive
- Pracuję codziennie od siódmej do piętnastej. – I work from 7 AM till 3 PM every day.
- Czekam na ciebie od osiemnastej. – I have been waiting for you since 6 PM.
od or odo + genitive
- from (with the source or provenance of or at)
This Slovene entry was created from the translations listed at from. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see od in the Slovene Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) October 2008
Elsewhere on the web