Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The thing that counts most in the pursuit of happiness is choosing the right companion.Source Unknown
- Originally a causative verb, derived from the verb olla — therefore, literally "to cause to exist".
- Hyphenation: o·let·taa
- IPA: /'oletːɑː(ʔ)/
olettaa (stem olet-*)
- (transitive) To assume, suppose.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To premise, postulate.
- (transitive) To hypothesize (in empiric research).
- (olettaa vs. otaksua and assume/suppose/presume) Olettaa has a slight sense of believing something with thoughts that it could not even be untrue. Otaksua has, on the other hand, a slight sense that the speaker believes something, but still leaves some room for other possibilities about the state of affairs. Otaksua also has a more formal nuance than olettaa and thus it is often translated into English as presume.
Elsewhere on the web