Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
- (software) Software that controls a computer and acts as a layer between the hardware and the applications and users. (eg. Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Unix)
- (software) Software that provides a simple environment for programmers and end users to work more efficiently (shell, command interpreter)
- (software) Software that controls the allocation and usage of hardware resources such as memory, CPU time, disk space, peripheral devices. It provides a interface between the user and the system
software which controls computer
software which provides simple environment
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- List of operating systems at Wikipedia
Elsewhere on the web