Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a good idea.Richard Saunders
See also Operation
- (RP) IPA: /ˌɒpəˈɹeɪʃən/, /ˌɒpə(ɹ)ˈeɪʃən/, SAMPA: /%Qp@"reIS@n/, /%Qp@(r)"eIS@n/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- (GenAm) IPA: /ˌɑːpəˈɹeɪʃən/, SAMPA: /%A:p@"reIS@n/
- the method by which a device performs its function.
- It is dangerous to look at the beam of a laser while it is in operation.
- the method or practice by which actions are done.
- We run our operation from a storefront.
- (medicine) a surgical procedure.
- She had an operation to remove her appendix.
- (mathematics) a procedure for generating a value from one or more other values (the operands; the value for any particular operands is unique)
- (military) a military campaign (w:Operation Desert Storm)
method by which a device performs its function
method or practice by which actions are done
procedure for generating a value from one or more other values
- “operation” in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- "operation" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web