Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprung up.Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- (uncountable) The act of orienting or the state of being oriented.
- (uncountable) position relative to compass bearings
- (uncountable) the construction of a Christian church to have its aisle in an east-west direction with the altar at the east end
- (countable) an inclination, tendency or direction
- (countable) adjustment to a new environment
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) the direction of print across the page; landscape or portrait
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) on a real vector space, a choice of which ordered bases are "positively" oriented and which are "negatively" oriented
the act of orienting
position relative to compass bearings
the construction of a Christian church
an inclination, tendency or direction
adjustment to a new environment
the direction of print across the page
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web