Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love's pure silver flame gives each innermost spirit invisible warmth.A Haiku Verse
to ornament (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
ornament (plural ornaments)
- An element of decoration.
- A Christmas tree decoration
- Music. a musical flourish that are unnecessary to the overall melodic or harmonic line, but serve to decorate or "ornament" that line.
An element of decoration
a musical flourish
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To decorate.
- We will ornament the windows with trim to make the room seem brighter.
- To add to.
- The editor ornamented his plain writing, making it fancier but less clear.
Elsewhere on the web