Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To love another person is to see the face of God. [Les Miserables]Victor Hugo
- (geometry) pertaining to right angles; perpendicular (to)
- A chord and the radius that bisects it are orthogonal.
- mathematical use
- (statistics) statistically independent, with reference to variates
- (software engineering) Able to be treated separately.
- The content of the message should be orthogonal to the means of its delivery.
of right angles
able to be treated separately
- IPA: /ɔʀtɔgɔnal/
Elsewhere on the web