Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Two similar or identical things taken together.
- I couldn't decide which of the two dresses I preferred, so I bought the pair.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Two; a couple of.
- Two people in a relationship, partnership or friendship.
- My wife and I make a great pair.
- Used in the names of some objects and garments that have two similar parts or halves.
- a pair of scissors
- a pair of jeans
- but not a pair of cymbals
- (cricket) A score of zero runs (a duck) in both innings of a two-innings match
- (baseball, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A double play, two outs recorded in one play
- They turned a pair to end the fifth.
- (baseball, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A doubleheader, two games played on the same day between the same teams
- The Pirates took a pair from the Phillies.
- (poker) A poker hand that contains of two cards of identical rank, which cannot also count as a better hand.
- (slang) pair of breasts
- She's got a gorgeous pair.
- (pair of breasts): see WikiSaurus:breasts
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Dutch: paar n., koppel n., stel n., tweetal n. (1,2)
- Italian: paio m. (plural: paia f.) (1,2)
- Vietnamese: đôi, cặp
Third person singular
- to digest
pair m. (plural pairs)
Elsewhere on the web