Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.Curtis Judalet
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- A paragraph or section of text or music with particular meaning.
- passage of scripture
- She struggled to play the difficult passages.
- Part of a path or journey.
- He made his passage through the trees carefully, mindful of the stickers.
- (dressage) A movement in classical dressage, in which the horse performs a very collected, energetic, and elevated trot that has a longer period of suspension between each foot fall than a working trot.
- The official approval of a bill or act by a parliament.
- The company was one of the prime movers in lobbying for the passage of the act.
- An artistic term describing use of tight brushwork to link objects in separate spatial plains. Commonly seen in Cubist works.
- A passageway or corridor.
- (caving) An underground cavity, formed by water or falling rocks, which is much longer than it is wide.
- (slang) The vagina.
section of text or music
part of a journey
an official agreement of a bill or act
- A paragraph or section of text with particular meaning. ~ of scripture.
passage m. (plural passages)
- The act of going through a place or event.
- The time when such an act occurs.
- (uncountable) Circulation, traffic, movement.
- (astronomy) Moment when a star or planet occults another,or crosses a meridian.
- A short stay.
- A trip or travel, especially by boat.
- The act of going from a state to another.
- Graduation from a school year.
- The act of making something undergo a process.
- the act of handing something to someone.
- An access way.
- A laid out way allowing to go across something.
- An alley or alleyway off-limits to cars.
- A paragraph or section of text or music.
Elsewhere on the web