Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.Victor Hugo
Adjectivepaternal (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to one's father, his genes, his relatives, or his side of a family; contrasted with maternal; as, "paternal grandfather" (one's father's father).
- Fatherly; behaving as a father.
- Received or inherited from one's father.
- committed by a father; as, "paternal filicide" (murder of a son by his father).
- paternal aunt
- paternal cousin
- paternal filicide
- paternal grandfather
- paternal grandmother
- paternal uncle
of or pertaining to one's father
fatherly; behaving as a father
received or inherited from one's father
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web