Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
He who is not impatient is not in love.Italian Proverb
- (originally) paten, a type of flat dish
- The color or incrustation which age gives to -mainly metallic- objects; especially, the green rust which covers works of art such as ancient bronzes, coins and medals.
- (color) A green colour, tinted with grey, like that of bronze patina.
Adjectivepatina (not comparable)
- (color) Of a green colour, tinted with grey, like that of patina.
- patine, to coat with a patina
- The color or incrustation which age gives to works of art; especially, the green oxidation which covers aging coppers bronzes, coins and medals.
- patineren, to apply this color or a similar 'aged' effect
Elsewhere on the web