Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- (Confirmation of this inflected form is sought) pes
pe (interrogative adjective)
Abbreviation of perjantai.
- Belonging to or being associated with; of.
- cartea este pe masa - The book is on the table.
- (no lexical meaning) used to indicate direct object in some cases
- o aştept pe mama - I'm waiting on/for mom.
Pe takes the accusative case of nouns and is used as the marker for the direct object when said object is:
- a proper noun; the name of a person or animal
- a common noun referring to a specific person, generally known to both the speaker and listener
- a common noun acting as a metaphor for a person
- a common noun in a construction in which the subject and the direct object are the same noun and they precede the predicate
Pe is not used when the direct object is:
- a common noun designating inanimate objects or animals
- a common noun referring to an unspecified person
- A leg.
Elsewhere on the web