Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.Thomas L. Holdcroft
- A cylindrical wooden, metal etc. object used to fasten or as a bearing between objects.
- A protrusion used to hang things on.
- (cribbage) A peg moved on a crib board to keep score.
a cylindrical object
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- To fasten using a peg.
- Let's peg the rug to the floor.
- To affix or pin.
- I found a tack and pegged your picture to the bulletin board.
- She lunged forward and pegged him to the wall.
- To narrow the cuff openings of a pair of pants so that the legs take on a peg shape.
- To throw.
- To indicate or ascribe an attribute to. (Assumed to originate from the use of pegs or pins as markers on a bulletin board or a list.)
- He's been pegged as a suspect.
- I pegged his weight at 165.
- (cribbage) To move one's pegs to indicate points scored.
- (slang) To reach or exceed the maximum value on a scale or gauge.
- We pegged the speedometer across the flats.
- (slang, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To engage in anal sex by penetrating one's male partner with a dildo
Elsewhere on the web