Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is worse than a crime: it is a mistake.Joseph Fouche
- A legal sentence.
- The penalty for his crime was to do hard labor.
- A punishment for violating rules of procedure.
- (finance) A payment forfeited for an early withdrawal from an account or an investment.
- (soccer) A direct free-kick from the penalty spot, taken after a defensive foul in the penalty box.
- (ice hockey) A punishment for an infraction of the rules, often in the form of being removed from play for a specified amount of time.
- A penalty was called when he tripped up his opponent.
punishment for violating rules of procedure
free-kick in football
- penalty arc
- penalty box
- penalty kick
- penalty area
- penalty phase
- penalty shot
- penalty shoot-out
- penalty spot
Elsewhere on the web