Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A person is never happy till their vague strivings has itself marked out its proper limitations.Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- The quality or state of being perfect or complete, so that nothing requisite is wanting; entire development; consummate culture, skill, or moral excellence; the highest attainable state or degree of excellence; maturity; as, perfection in an art, in a science, or in a system; perfection in form or degree; fruits in perfection.
- A quality, endowment, or acquirement completely excellent; an ideal; faultlessness; especially, the divine attribute of complete excellence.
- What tongue can her perfections tell? -Sir P. Sidney
- To perfection, in the highest degree of excellence; perfectly; as, to imitate a model to perfection.
- 1784: William Jones, The Description and Use of a New Portable Orrery, &c., PREFACE
- THE favourable reception the Orrery has met with from Perſons of the ﬁrﬅ diﬅinƈtion, and from Gentlemen and Ladies in general, has induced me to add to it ſeveral new improvements in order to give it a degree of Perfeƈtion; and diﬅinguiſh it from others ; which by Piracy, or Imitation, may be introduced to the Public.
Elsewhere on the web