Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Middle English persuasioun < Middle French persuasion < [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] persuasio, from persuadere, from suadere, "to advise", "to recommend".
- The act of persuading or the state of being persuaded.
- The art of persuading.
- It will require a master of persuasion to change his mind.
- A strongly held conviction, opinion or belief.
- It is his persuasion that abortion should never be condoned.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A sort, type, or kind with respect to convictions and beliefs.
- You will find people of any persuasion among Wiktionarians.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
persuasion f. (plural persuasions)
- persuasion f.
Elsewhere on the web