Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.Don Marquis
- IPA: /fɪlˈɒsəfi/
- (uncountable) An academic discipline that is often divided into five major branches: logic; metaphysics; epistemology; ethics; and aesthetics.
- (countable) A comprehensive system of belief.
- (countable) A view or outlook regarding fundamental principles underlying some domain.
- a philosophy of government
- a philosophy of education
- (countable) A general principle (usually moral).
comprehensive system of belief
view regarding fundamental principles
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web